Internationally recognized triathlon coach and best-selling author Joe Friel teams up with ultra-endurance guru Gordon Byrn in Going Long, the most comprehensive guide to racing long-course and Ironman®-distance triathlons. Combining science with personal experience, Friel and Byrn prepare anyone, from the working age-grouper to the podium contender, for success in triathlon’s ultimate endurance event.
Whether you are preparing for your first long-course triathlon or your fastest, Going Long will make every hour of training count.
- 40 sport-specific drills to improve technique and efficiency
- Updates to mental training
- Key training sessions, workout examples, and strength-building exercises
- A simple approach to balancing training, work, and family obligations
- A new chapter on active recovery, injury prevention and treatment
Going Long is the best-selling book on Ironman training. Friel and Byrn guide the novice, intermediate, and elite triathlete, making it the most comprehensive and nuanced plan for Ironman training ever written. Going Long is the best resource to break through an Ironman performance plateau to find season after season of long-course race improvements.