A perfect companion to any cycling training program, The Cyclist’s Training Diary offers an ideal way for you to plan, record, and better understand your workouts and performance. With undated pages for use any time of the year, this diary offers plenty of space for all the objective and subjective performance metrics you might want to track in a smart format that’s been carefully designed, tested, and refined by Joe Friel, America’s most experienced personal cycling coach.
The Cyclist’s Training Diary is wirebound to lay flat and flips easily so you can look up past workouts or settle your pre-race nerves by proving to yourself that you’ve done the work. This paper workout log is simple to use, never requires a login or password, and can be completely customized to meet your needs for any cycling training schedule. This physical record of your workouts will reveal insights that don’t display on an online dashboard.
Fully compatible with Joe Friel’s best-selling training programs like The Cyclist’s Training Bible and Fast After 50, this diary simplifies the planning and execution of your training for all cycling events: road racing, criteriums, time trials, century rides, charity rides, gran fondos, enduro, gravel grinders, and cyclocross.
Strong cyclists know that a training diary is an invaluable tool. Whether they work with a coach or train independently, even elite cyclists keep a training log to hone their feel for performance, consolidate training data in one location, track their progress, monitor for injuries and overtraining, and reshape their goals throughout the season.
The Cyclist’s Training Diary includes:
- Coach Friel’s introduction to the essential details of keeping a training log
- A guide to planning out your season
- Season goals, annual training hours, weekly training hours, and summary charts
- 53 undated weekly spreads
- Space for every training metric like workout type, route, and distance/time; heart rate and power; zones and RPE; weather; rest/recovery; weight; and your custom notes
- Race Results Summary to log finish times, nutrition, efforts, and more
- Physiological test results such as VO2max and lactate threshold
- Training grids to graph the data you choose
- Road and mountain bike measurements with space to note adjustments
- Your favorite segments and best times
- Season results summary
- Race day gear checklist
What gets measured gets managed. Add The Cyclist’s Training Diary to your program and you’ll unlock valuable insights that can help you improve in your sport.